- "You gave JACK a stun gun!?"
- —Anya's surprise at Baird giving JACK an offensive weapon.
The Zapper, otherwise known as the Stun Gun, is JACK's primary weapon and sidearm, introduced near the end of the Locust War. The Zapper is an external and internal modification that transforms JACK's right manipulative arm into a dangerous Tesla weapon.
Second Battle of Azura
At the twilight of the Locust War, Damon Baird finally finished his modifications on JACK and equipped him with a Zapper during the Second Battle of Azura. JACK's new offensive capabilities soon became an important asset for Delta Squad, as they fought their way to free Adam Fenix and activate the Imulsion Countermeasure Weapon.
The Zapper is a very useful weapon for JACK. Although it does relatively minor damage at first and it cannot fire for too long, multiple upgrades would make the Stun Gun into a formidable crowd control weapon. The Zapper's capability in stunning multiple enemies gives the other players free target practise, however, its short-range makes JACK vulnerable from counterfire. The upgrades for the Zapper are:
- JACK can fire the Zapper for longer
- Increases the Zapper's effective range
- Zapper damage increases the longer it hits an enemy
- Zapper can hit multiple enemies at once