The Shock Trap is a mine launcher that expels out one or two mines that releases a field of electrified robots called Shock-Bots. They work as a reusable equivalent of a Shock Grenade, stunning and injuring a group of enemies within its targeted radius.
Shock Traps are one of the most useful and versatile upgrades for JACK. It can be used defensively where one could place one (or two if upgraded) mines at strategically vulnerable chokepoints, that could slow down, damage and guide a group of enemies into a kill zone.
It could also be used offensively, flushing out and harassing encamped enemies behind cover and finishing off a target that is currently manning a Twin-Barrel Turret. The upgrades of Shock Trap are:
- Shock Trap lasts 50% longer
- Place a second Shock Trap without destroying the first
- Shock Trap slows enemies more
- Shock-Bots chase targets and do double damage
- Gears 5 (First appearance)