The Savage Kantus were the feral counterpart to the Queen's loyal Kantus monks. Formed after the Flooding of the Hollows, the Savage Kantus acted as the shamans to the Savage Locust until their apparent extinction upon the detonation of the Imulsion Countermeasure Weapon.
Post-Operation: Hollow Storm
The destruction of the Lambent Brumak under Jacinto Plateau secured victory for the Coalition of Ordered Governments, flooding the ancestral home of the brutal Locust Horde. Sinking the plateau flooded the underworld of Sera, killing millions and forcing survivors to flee to the Seran overworld. A great many Locust were separated from the Queen's Remnant of the Horde; without the guidance of their Queen, the lost Locust descended into primitive tribes, they themselves changing forever.
Out of all the Locust, the Kantus priests were hit the hardest - - they reverted to primal, shamanistic ways and their healing screams descended into a dark, melancholy tone. According to records, few sounds can replicate the terror from the screams of a Savage Kantus.
- Gears of War 3 (First Appearance) (Multiplayer Only)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Multiplayer Only)
- Gears of War 4 (Multiplayer Only)
- Gears 5 (Multiplayer Only)
Behind the scenes
- The original Savage Kantus was a pre-order Multiplayer character exclusive to players who pre-ordered Gears of War 3 from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.
- A Red-Armored "Limited Edition" Savage Kantus is available for people who buy the Fenix Rising DLC for 800 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Marketplace or for owners of the Season Pass who received it free.
- The Savage Kantus is a playable character in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition as a pre-order bonus.
- The Savage Kantus is a playable character in Gears of War 4, available in the RAAM Emergence Gear Pack.
- A limited time Black Steel Savage Kantus was available with Esports Supporter Pack 5.
- The Savage Kantus returned in Gears 5 Operation 7. However the character returned under its Black Steel version before the original skin variant.