- "You gotta get us out of here, this place is a death trap!"
- —Montevado Stranded
After the Mission to the Pirnah Badlands, Delta Squad was sent to Montevado on a recon mission when a seismic disturbance was detected. Delta discovered only one person there, who told them there were only two Stranded settlements left and that Wretch packs roamed the city. While Delta was battling one of these Wretch packs, the city of Montevado began to sink beneath them. It would later be discovered that the sinking was due to the activity of the Riftworm.
Era of Silence
The city of Montevado was built on the Jacinto Plateau at some point before the Pendulum Wars. The nearby city of Tollen constructed a hydroelectric dam, the Tollen Dam, to supply power to Montevado and other nearby cities of Ilima, Bronn, Speyer, and Fort Reval.
Mission to Montevado
- Gears of War: Judgment (Mentioned only)
- Hollow (First appearance)
- Gears of War 2 (First mentioned)
- Gears of War 4 (Mentioned only)
- Ascendance (Mentioned only)
- Gears 5 (Mentioned only)