- "What the hell is going on with that thing?"
"I don't know, almost looks like it's going Lambent."
- —Dominic Santiago and Damon Baird viewing the mutation of the Lambent Brumak
The Lambent Brumak is the result of a normal Brumak coming into direct contact with Imulsion or Imulsion vapors, and becoming heavily mutated. Its mutation and mutation results are vastly different from other Lambent Locust. As most Lambent Locust would just turn yellow and explosive when they become infected, a Lambent Brumak would also grow several stories tall, with its head splitting open with a second one coming out of it and with multiple, huge tendrils coming out of its body.
During the Siege of Jacinto, Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago hijacked a Brumak when they attempted to make their way into the Jacinto sinkhole. After destroying three support pillars to collapse the area above it for several King Ravens to enter, the Brumak they were piloting began to mutate. Marcus and Dom were able to get off the Brumak and onto a King Raven before the Brumak began to violently mutate.
In the violent mutation, the Lambent Brumak began to sprout tentacles, knocking down the King Raven with the Lightmass Bomb into the lake of Imulsion, seemingly stripping the COG of its only method to sink Jacinto. However, Marcus recalled that Lambent exploded, and asked Baird what would happen if the Lambent Brumak died. Baird told Marcus that the Lambent Brumak would explode on a massive scale, which Marcus quickly deduced as the Lambent Brumak being the substitute for the lost Lightmass Bomb.
The Lambent Brumak attempted to attack the King Ravens with its tentacles. The Gears on the King Ravens deployed the Hammer of Dawn against the Lambent Brumak, though it took a while to take it down. Upon being close to death, Marcus ordered all King Ravens out of the caverns; the Lambent Brumak exploded when all of the King Ravens left. Its explosion created such a large aftershock that was more than enough to flood Jacinto.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Lambent Brumak was the final boss of Gears of War 2.
- Out of all Lambent mutations, the Lambent Brumak could be considered the most grotesque, the most volatile, and perhaps the most dangerous only matched by the Lambent Leviathan and the Lambent Berserker.
- Despite the Lambent Stalks being the fruiting bodies of Imulsion, the Lambent Brumak also has some plant-like features such as rooting its legs to the ground and not being capable of mobility.
- Also, the Lambent Brumak is the only Lambent creature who doesn't appear to glow due to its exposure to Imulsion.
- Gears of War 2 (First appearance)
- Dirty Little Secrets
- Anvil Gate (Mentioned only)
- Coalition's End (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named