- "What the hell is going on with that thing?"
"I don't know, almost looks like it's going Lambent."
- —Cpl. Dominic Santiago and Cpl. Damon Baird viewing the mutation of the Lambent Brumak.
The Lambent Brumak is the result of a Brumak coming into direct contact with Imulsion or Imulsion vapors, and becoming heavily mutated. Its mutation and mutation results are vastly different from other Lambent lifeforms. A Lambent Brumak would tend to grow several stories tall, with its head splitting open with a second one coming out of it and with multiple, huge tendrils coming out of its body.
History[edit | edit source]
Locust War[edit | edit source]
Sinking of Jacinto City[edit | edit source]
During the Sinking of Jacinto City, Sgt. Marcus Fenix and Cpl. Dominic Santiago hijacked a Brumak when they attempted to make their way into the Jacinto sinkhole. After destroying three support pillars to collapse the area above it for several King Ravens to enter, the Brumak they were piloting began to mutate. Marcus and Dom were able to get off the Brumak and onto a King Raven before the Brumak began to violently mutate.
In the violent mutation, the Lambent Brumak began to sprout tentacles, knocking down the King Raven with the Lightmass Bomb into the lake of Imulsion, seemingly stripping the COG of its only method to sink Jacinto. However, Marcus recalled that Lambent exploded, and asked Baird what would happen if the Lambent Brumak died. Baird told Marcus that the Lambent Brumak would explode on a massive scale, which Marcus quickly deduced as the Lambent Brumak being the substitute for the lost Lightmass Bomb.
The Lambent Brumak attempted to attack the King Ravens with its tentacles. The Gears on the King Ravens deployed the Hammer of Dawn against the Lambent Brumak, though it took a while to take it down. Upon being close to death, Marcus ordered all King Ravens out of the caverns; the Lambent Brumak exploded when all of the King Ravens left. Its explosion created such a large aftershock that was more than enough to flood Jacinto.
Lambent Pandemic[edit | edit source]
Following the Sinking of Jacinto City, the entire world of Sera transitioned into the Lambent Pandemic, as the seawater pushed Imulsion up into the soil and onto the surface of Sera. It is unknown if anymore Lambent Brumaks occurred during the pandemic. If there were any, all possible Lambent Brumaks were made extinct by the Imulsion Countermeasure Weapon in Bloom of 17 A.E.
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Lambent Brumak was the final boss of Gears of War 2.
- The average height of a single storey is around 14 feet tall, hence, if it was several stories tall, than its height would be around 98-140 feet on average.
- Out of all Lambent mutations, the Lambent Brumak could be considered the most grotesque, the most volatile, and perhaps the most dangerous only matched by the Lambent Leviathan and the Lambent Berserker.
- The Lambent Brumak has some plant-like features such as rooting its legs to the ground and not being capable of mobility, similar to the mutations of Lambent Drudges.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Gears of War 2 (First appearance)
- Dirty Little Secrets
- Anvil Gate (Mentioned only)
- Coalition's End (Mentioned only)
- Gears of War 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
References[edit | edit source]