Fire Extinguishers were devices used by Serans to safely put out fires. These devices used chemical foam retardant to smother fires from its oxygen supply. While they are not meant to be weapons, the heavy casing can be improvised as a bludgeoning weapon and its foam could suffocate an incapacitated target.
- "There's a fire! Grab the extinguisher!"
- —Marcus Fenix to his squadmates during the attack on the CNV Sovereign
Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago used fire extinguishers to extinguish flames caused by the Lambent attack on the CNV Sovereign. Later, a civilian on the Sovereign was found attempting to use a fire extinguisher near an ignited gas pipe. Marcus tried to warn the civilian about the futility and dangers of the gas pipe to no avail, with the pipe detonating shortly thereafter and killing the civilian.
Behind the scenes
- Fire extinguishers are real-life devices used to extinguish flames in any given situation.
- In Arcade Mode, you will receive points for putting out fires with the Fire Extinguisher.
- Putting out fires with the Fire Extinguisher counts as manipulating an object, thus progressing you in the Doorman Medal.
- There is a certain easter egg found in the multiplayer map Checkout that allows you to execute your enemies with the Fire Extinguisher. All you have to do is activate one of the two fire alarm buttons. One is found on the left wall of the Home Goods spawn while the other is found inside the Hanover Photo Center on the right side of the main wall. Once the alarms go off, go to the back room (top-center part of the map) and you will see a pair of partially opened doors. Destroying the box wedged between the doors by meleeing or shooting it will reveal the Fire Extinguisher, which can be picked up as a heavy weapon (thus slowing your movement). It does no damage but can be used to execute downed opponents by holding the Y button near them.
- When going near a downed enemy and holding Y, the fire extinguisher will use the Hammerburst execution.
- While the COG is the only faction shown using it, the sheer prevalence of firefighting equipment such as the fire extinguisher means that all human nations had one form or another.