|This article, Displacement, may require cleanup. Deploy Delta Team to East Barricade Academy and retrieve the data immediately!|
|This article would be greatly improved with an image(s), don't you agree? |
If you have a suitable image that obeys the Image Policy, then please add it. I assure you, it would be of great assistance to our cause.
Displacement is the fifth chapter of the third act in Gears of War 2.
Traveling deeper below Mount Kadar, Delta encounters a Stranded group led by Chaps, who they encountered during the Lightmass Offensive. Chaps explains that the Stranded began moving underground because the surface was too dangerous and they were safe as long as they stayed away from Nexus but that the Locust have begun coming around and taking people. Latching onto that piece of information, Marcus asks for what Nexus is and learns that it is the Locust stronghold and that to reach it they must cross a lake that's too dangerous for anyone that isn't a Locust. Marcus decides to send the Stranded back to the surface with Baird and Cole in the Centaur while he and Dom continue on to Nexus to set off JACK's beacon and signal another wave of Grindlifts to attack. Baird is reluctant to leave, but ultimately agrees. Before they leave, Dom shows Chaps a picture of his missing wife Maria and asks if he's ever seen her. To his surprise, Chaps recognizes Maria as another Stranded who came underground but was captured by the Locust along with her group, leaving Dom horrified. Marcus asks if the prisoners are being taken towards Nexus but Chaps suggests they check out the work camps near the dam first. Dom thanks him but he tells them they're not getting near the work camps or Nexus unless they're a Locust.
Please improve this transcript: text from https://archive.today/2020.03.25-064537/https://dioltyblog.com/gears-of-war-2-game-movie-all-cutscenes-hd/ improved with video from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqy4oeiO34Q&t=4853
- Oh what are you doing hold that
- Marcus: what the hell are you doing down here?
- Chaps: well after you jackasses blew up my station and Franklin's out both got over on the surface wasn't safe no more
- Dom: and you guys thought down out here was safe
- Chaps: nowhere is son not anymore we were fine here for a few months as long as he stayed away from the roads and Nexus but now they're coming around where they didn't before kidnapping people torturing them
- Dom: Nexus?
- Chaps: Yeah, Nexus! You got wax in your ears? Nexus is where all the Locust come from.
- Marcus: hey old man can we get there from here?
- Chaps: You'd have to cross the lake but nobody does except locust those waters ain't safe.
- Marcus: nowhere is right all right call Bear I want you to take these people up to the surface Dom and I will continue on foot
- Baird: what but they
- Marcus: they're gonna die otherwise you'll follow down in the grind lifts once we set off Jack's beacon but we kid this is what he tells you he'll take it under advisement come on man that's gold old man gather everyone and go with them they'll take you to safety oh wait a minute it doesn't mean we gotta fight in your army now does it but it and say that but you're not staying here wait before you go you ever seen this woman name is Maria pray something about her face seem familiar maybe shoes with one of the other groupies that came down this way Jews for my sake but you and him got captured but the capture was the locust have been taken them towards Nexus probably or the word camps along the way how do we find them when you get to the highway near the dam there's a path it'll take you there thanks oh man don't know what good it does you you ain't getting in there unless you're locust hey Marcus what if the beacon doesn't work then we'll see Jacinto down here control Delta here Cole and Baird are heading to the surface with survivors for evac Roger that Delta what about you and Dom we're adding them deeper to the Nexus stronghold we think we found the path copy that we have groin lift reinforcements awaiting your signal Thanks control Delta out this is crazy man Maria better not be down here everything's gonna work out all right yeah I hope so hard to believe this leads to a locust city feels too old maybe that'll be our advantage this would be the last route they think we take looks like a boat at the end of the pier we need that if we went across the lake that folks not getting us anywhere look out just keep fighting for now why they just drop off they afraid of the emulsion fumes that was something else keeps your eyes open hey wait what happens if we breathe in the shit too late now was that nothing good we need to get off this thing man you're preaching to the choir hold on now
Marcus and Dom then make their way to the first Theron Guard patrol. Note that the Theron guard hisses "HOSTILES", a reference to Gears of War where Dom complains, "When was the last time the wind whispered 'hostiles' to you?" Kill it and it is recommended to grab the Torque Bow. Then, advance deeper and eventually you'll encounter the Locust Gunboats. Take cover and try to kill the gunners. Then kill the enemies in the front. They advance and another gunboat appears. You must shoot the explosives on the ship and make it crash. It's recommended to use the Torque Bow. When the boat crashes, cross it and you encounter multiple Locust and a Kantus. Along with that, a Longshot and some other weapon is there to make your job easier. The Kantus moves in a small area, so it is easy to hit. It may also summon Tickers into the fight. After killing the enemies, a Bloodmount appears. Kill it and then go into the ruined building, in which a Kantus and two Grenadiers are waiting for you. After that, head to the port and a gunboat will release more Locust, including a Grinder, two Bolters, and a Cyclops. Kill them all and move forward. Soon, a gunboat will crash the port and you will be on the "boat". The gunboats will continue to chase you. Shoot as many Locust as you can, using the Mulcher if you took it. Stay near the middle, since the gunboats will smash the sides and if you are in those sides, you will die. Then, after a change of boats, the port piece will crash. The boat's control panel should be damaged. Later, you will fall down in the waterfall and more gunboats will attack you. After one more change, no more boats will attack. Then, there comes the Leviathan.
This is a good part to start off if you will continue into the next plot.
- There is a very rare glitch that happens on solo. Dom will not follow after the fight with the Theron Guard, and will not respond to nearby enemies; he will not appear on your Tac-Com. You can stick him with a frag and he will explode and die. You will continue the rest of the mission alone, and Marcus will act as if Dom is still there.
|Gears of War 2 Walkthrough|
|Gears of War 2||Act 1: Tip of the Spear · Act 2: Denizens · Act 3: Gathering Storm · Act 4: Hive · Act 5: Aftermath|
|Act 1||Welcome to Delta · Desperation · Rolling Thunder · The Big Push · Roadblocks · Digging In|
|Act 2||Scattered · Indigenous Creatures · Disturbing Revelations · Sinking Feeling · Captivity · Intestinal Fortitude|
|Act 3||Dirty Little Secret · Origins · Rude Awakening · Ascension · Displacement · Brackish Waters|
|Act 4||Priorities · Answers · (Dark Corners Bonus Chapter: Road to Ruin) · Hornets' Nest · No Turning Back · The Best-Laid Plans · Royal Inquisition|
|Act 5||Escape · Desperate Stand · Free Parking · Tenuous Footing · Closure|