This article is about the Real World
- "Fucking chest high walls"
- —Cliff Bleszinski on chest high walls
Clifford Bleszinski (born February 12, 1975), also known as CliffyB, is the design director for the game development company Epic Games in Cary, North Carolina. He is most famous for his continuing hand in the development of the Unreal franchise and the Gears of War franchise. He cites Shigeru Miyamoto as his biggest influence. In 2008, Bleszinski finished the production on Gears of War 2.
One of his brothers is Tyler Bleszinski, a sports blogger who founded Athletics Nation.
On his website, Bleszinski often shares his thoughts and feelings on the world, American culture, gaming, and life in general. He is occasionally cited for his charitable nature like helping fans get jobs in the industry. Bleszinski also lists his interests on his 1UP.com page, citing Donnie Darko and 21 Grams amongst his favorite films, with Choke and Stupid White Men as some of his favorite books.
- "I wasn't getting many girls"
- —Cliff Bleszinski on how he was able to make his first game.
Bleszinski's first game was The Palace of Deceit: Dragon's Plight, a 1991 pixel-hunting adventure game for Windows PC. He is also known for the games Dare to Dream and Jazz Jackrabbit. In 2006, he served as lead game designer on the game Gears of War for the Xbox 360. Bleszinski will be an executive producer on the upcoming Gears of War movie.
According to Bleszinski's MySpace page and his website, he lives in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The nickname "CliffyB" was given to him derogatorily by "some jock kid" as a shy teenager, which he then took and developed a tougher persona around. In 2008, he expressed a desire to retire the CliffyB moniker, saying it's "time to grow up a bit". Shortly thereafter, game blog Kotaku took to calling him "Dude Huge".
-  Interview on SPOnG
- 2:20-2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NezO51YqaHI
- CliffyB.com -- Frequently Asked Questions, accessed 2007-07-20
-  The Grammar of Fun
-  Blog post on MTV Multiplayer
-  Gears isn't a game it's a platform
-  Kotaku PS3 Controller interview
- Bissell, Tom. "The Grammar of Fun." New Yorker, November 3, 2008.
- Personal website
- Page On 1UP.com
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Gears of War... Article about Bleszinski's GDC2007 presentation "Designing Gears of War: Iteration Wins"
- GameSpot Video Interview with CliffyB
- Gears of War movie script