- "This will give us extra eyes!"
- —Paduk throwing the Beacon Grenade.
The beacon allows allies to "spot" enemies with a radar type holographic display. Enemies spotted by beacon grenades have reduced health and reduced attack damage. Spotted enemies can be spotted through walls and other hard surfaces.
In the multiplayer modes OverRun and Survival, the COG Scout class has a Beacon Grenade as its special ability, and as such, it must recharge after each use. Beacon Grenades are useful tactical and support weapons that could help alleviate the burden of tougher enemies and suppressive fire on higher levels.
- Gears of War: Judgment (First appearance)
Behind the Scenes
- It is unknown whether these grenades explode into a holographic radar or projects said hologram like a throwable and disposable radar device.
- The color of the holographic radar itself depends on the faction and gameplay. On OverRun, it is a neutral white, whilst on normal multiplayer, it is blue or red depending on the opposing team.