- "Okay, people. We’ve still got grubs down there. Remember –they can come up anywhere."
- —A King Raven pilot to Baird’s new squad
Order of BattleEdit
The 4th Ephyra Light Infantry was being organized from the Kosoly Barracks in central Tyrus to be inserted into the heart of Kinnerlake city to help hold it from the advancing Locust forces. Thousands of Gears were already defending the city with Centaur tanks and APC's. A newly drafted Gear named Damon Baird and a volunteer named Augustus Cole would see their first action in the city. Baird was "donated" from Bravo Company and Cole felt that it was his duty to protect him since no one else would. Before the Gears embarked on the King Ravens, Sergeant Iredell made sure that every Gear was wearing his helmet before the assault.
The King Ravens landed in front of the mall district in the city where the troops are already assembled. As soon as they landed, the E-Holes opened up near the plaza and the COG troops opened fire on any Grub that emerged. The tanks already locked on their targets while Cole and Baird engaged the Drones individually. Baird ended up saving Cole's life from a Drone and the two soon entered a mutual friendship. The two entered the mall that was occupied with the Grubs.
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition's End pg 174
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition's End pg 177
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gears of War: Coalition’s End pg 179
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition’s End pg 181