- "Shit. Will you look at that..."
- —Lt. Rothesay viewing Estana burning from KR Nine-Six, two days after the Locust attacked it
Order of Battle
Near the end of Reap, ten years after Emergence Day, Estana was attacked by the Locust. The city quickly fell to the Locust Horde and was set aflame, still burning two days later with the flames visible from the Cressy Escarpment. The victory brought the Locust one step closer to Ephyra and Jacinto City, giving them access to the sewer lines and the metro stations underneath the city that led deeper into the Jacinto Plateau. The 3EE Sappers would lead a delaying action against the Locust outside the city by destroying the roads and bridges and even tunneling underneath the Locust tunnels and destroying them. The Locust would advance at least twenty klicks from the edge of the Jacinto Plateau.
- Gears of War: The Slab pg 3-4
- Gears of War: The Slab pg 5
- Gears of War: The Slab pg 6