- "Look at those assholes down there. They must have more of our equipment now than us."
- —Dominic Santiago on the upcoming ambush
The Ambush on the Voslov Bridge consisted of two ambushes on the Voslov Bridge in the aftermath of the retreat order to the Jacinto Plateau. A Coalition convoy carrying the Gears and citizens was ambushed by 50 Drones, leading to the death of all of the Gears in the convoy.
Order of BattleEdit
With all military units pulling back to Jacinto, the Locust Horde was emerging ahead of the retreating COG forces. Jannermont and Andius both fell in front of the Gears. At least 50 Grubs ambushed the drawbridge, killing all of the Gears in the area and looting all of the bodies and vehicles.
- "The General says that we have to open that route in the next hour."
- —Sherston to Sgt. Marcus Fenix
Sgt. Fenix and his Gears arrived at the Voslov Bridge and discovered the massacre, leading Fenix to improvise on taking the Locust forces out. He ordered the drawbridge opened, causing the abandoned vehicles to fall on the Grubs while using the rest of the Longspears on a fuel truck, killing many of the Locust.
Opening the BridgeEdit
With all of the Grubs dead, the highway was clear for the remaining refugees, but with the realization that no ships could make it down the now blocked river.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant pg 277
- ↑ Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant pg 139
- ↑ Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant pg 183
- ↑ Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant pg 284