- "The man is nothing, the work is everything."
- —Alexiy Desipich
Alexiy Desipich was an uncompromising Socialist who created the concept of the Coalition before the Pendulum Wars. He based the coalition on an obscure, world-government philosophy revolving around eight guiding principles: Order, Diligence, Purity, Labor, Honor, Loyalty, Faith, and Humility that he referred to as the Austere Canon.
Years after Desipich's world-government philosophy was just a political theory, Nassar Embry and the Allfathers used his political ideals and created the Coalition of Ordered Governments. The COG would go on to become one of the two global superpowers and were in direct confrontation with the Union of Independent Republics during the Pendulum Wars.  However, the leadership of the COG would betray many elements of Desipich's Austere Canon with Chairman Monroe creating the New Hope Research Facility, Chairman Tomas Dalyell ordering the execution of any staffers in Aspho Point during Operation: Leveler, and finally Chairman Richard Prescott's use of the Fortification Act along with the Hammer of Dawn strikes across Sera, although Prescott's actions were deemed legal. By 14 A.E., COG's was being derisively viewed as fascist in the eyes of many Stranded. Some Gears, including Marcus Fenix and Damon Baird, note that sacrifices of freedom in the name of security manage to remain popular in the arena of public opinion.
Behind the scenes
- In Gears of War: Judgment, the multiplayer map Library is an archive of important documents surrounding Alexiy's life, career, and personal interests. It's named: The Alexiy Desipich Memorial Library.
- Multiple portraits of Alexiy can be found hanging on the walls of the House of Sovereigns in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.
- Gears of War: Judgment (First mentioned)
- Kilo Squad: The Survivor's Log (Mentioned only)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (First appearance)(Photo only)
- Gears of War 4 (Photo only)
- Gears 5 (Photo only)
- Statue inscriptions on Library multiplayer map in Gears of War: Judgment
- Gears of War 2 Prescott speech
- Gears of War 2
- Gears of War: Aspho Fields
- Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant
- Last Day, Marcus Fenix journal
|Coalition of Ordered Governments|
|Government Departments and Agencies|
|Old COG: Casualty Information Bureau · Civil Protection Service · Coalition Reserve · Council of Sovereigns · Defense Department · Defense Research Agency · Defense Select Committee · Department of Conscription · Department of Health · Intelligence Agency · Merchant Navy|
|New COG: Ministry of Defense · Ministry of Entertainment · Ministry of Preservation · Ministry of Procreation · Ministry of Settlements|
|Coalition High Command · COG Army · COG Navy · COG Air Corps · COG Engineering Corps|
|Important Individuals & Concepts|
|Founders: Alexiy Desipich · Nassar Embry · Allfathers|
|Chairmen: Monroe · David Prescott · Tomas Dalyell · Richard Prescott|
|First Ministers: Anya Stroud · Dyer · Mina Jinn|
|Laws & Ideas: Octus Canon · Fortification Act · Socialism|